MRB Home   -- Flies forum   -- Boats forum

King Fisher for sale
Posted by cyoa_1 
King Fisher for sale
December 19, 2016 04:43PM
Hello guy's (and gals),

I have a King Fisher I built back in 2010 with the help of folks from this forum and I must say, the help was awesome and the boat turned out perfect.
I haven't been able to use it for over 2 years and I have been away and wasn't able to get it covered during the time I was gone, so, needless to say, it's in disrepair and needs some TLC to get'er back in shape, estectically that is. This is a beautiful boat and I am VERY PROUD of the way it turned out. Jason Cajun designed this boat and what a awesome job he did in the design - I just LOVE the way it rows and handles.
I build a little extra rocker in it for class 4-5 water; 10.5" front & 11.5" rear, w/2'6" flat in the middle for quick manouvering. I use 9' oars which makes it so much easier to move without all the hard work to get into those tight holes and hold it there against the current.
I used a 3/4" Plasscore Bottom with two layers of 6oz cloth with 12oz Kevlar between; two layers of 6oz cloth inside with Durabak Liner inside & out (inside has rubber chip for non-slip surface) - that stuff is really tuff and I haven't had puncture in over 5 years, a couple of little breaks in the coating but never anything with a "through hull puncture - nearly impossible). I used 3/8" (9-12mm) Okume (African Mahogony-marine grade, the expensive stuff - I didn't skimp) for the Hull and 4mm for decks.
I used double laminated 4mm Okume for the pedistals & hatch lids (hatch lids not laminated)
Many details to this Boat so if you want to know more, contact me here or on my Private E-mail migeli.kali@unseen.is

I dont have any recent pic's and the boat is upside down right now so I would be hard to get any inside photos of it, but I can take exterior photo's if needed.
There are pic's of the Build in progression that were posted to the forum as I built it; you can search under "cyoa1" for my posts and see the pic's there also.

Here's some pic's of the finished build
Attachments:
open | download - 206 Sizing up for wrapping oars.jpg (427.3 KB)
open | download - 207 Almost finished June 4 2011.jpg (418.8 KB)
open | download - 208 Almost finished June 4 2011.jpg (443.5 KB)
open | download - 209.jpg (466.6 KB)
open | download - 210.jpg (440.7 KB)
open | download - 211.jpg (472 KB)
Re: King Fisher for sale
December 19, 2016 04:56PM
Few more pic's

If you want to see the Build Process I can E-Mail zip files of the entire process so one can see from the begining to end.

BREAKS MY HEART TO SELL THIS JEWL - It is still what I consider milestone acheivment in my life - this is the first and only boat I have ever built, but hope to build again soon if this economy turns around.
It took me 6 months to build this in my folks garage over the winter and early spring months - I took my time time building it and it made folks pretty upset - lol - can't rush perfection ya know.
Also, I am not opposed to do some trading but will need a little cash too.
I am looking for some shipping containers, 40 ft high cubes, wind & water tight, so if anybody wants to work something out that way I am open for discussion.

Enjoy the pic's
see my email in previous post

Mike
Attachments:
open | download - 212.jpg (221.2 KB)
open | download - 213.jpg (262.1 KB)
open | download - 214.jpg (543.6 KB)
open | download - 215.jpg (452 KB)
open | download - 216.jpg (428.1 KB)
Re: King Fisher for sale
April 03, 2017 06:02PM
Hello Guy's and Gal's,

Just dropping another line here now that the season is fast approaching;
I still need to sell this King Fisher if anybody is interested;
I am prepared to sell now for as little as $3,000.00 - AS IS
Only minor touchup/repairs are needed and this will save you at least 2K on building a new one from scratch.
Boat doesn't have a trailer that I can sell with it, so the price is for the Boat Only.

I can be contacted @ 435-621-2114 - or 435-789-1419 ask for Mike tell them its about the Boat
this is a family members phone and my calls are being screened; I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your consideration
Have a GREAT Boating & Fishing season

Mike

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login