MRB Home   -- Flies forum   -- Boats forum

The new guy needs some help
Posted by sorensen 
The new guy needs some help
March 15, 2017 11:20PM
Hello friends,

I am new to the drift boat building thing. I just purchased a 3/4 done wood drift boat. I believe it is a Cajune Freestone Classic. The previous builder of the boat secured seating to the sidewalls using deck screws that passed through the walls. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. Please advise.. Thanks
Re: The new guy needs some help
March 16, 2017 02:04AM
Doesn't sound right. Cleats that hold seats and benches are generally glued to the side walls with epoxy putty. Sometimes (sometimes) cleats are held in place with screws just long enough for the glue/putty to harden, and then the screws are backed out. But I doubt Jason does it that way, ever. In fact I know he doesn't.

Jason sells his kits with an instruction manual. Didn't you get that when you bought the boat? You should be able to coax one out of Jason, one way or another. Have you tried to contact Jason?
March 20, 2017 09:57PM
Sandy, Thanks for the help. I thought the screw thing was not right. I did not get plans from the first builder. I have tried to contact Jason but have not heard from him.
March 21, 2017 12:04PM
There are Cajune builders who visit this forum. Occasionally anyway. Perhaps one of them would make a copy. You can ask as many questions as you like. Cell phone photos would help.....along the way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login